The holidays are over. The guests are gone, the decorations are put away, the presents have been played with. You’re getting back into the January routine when — BAM — you suddenly have a new source of stress: holiday bills.
Unfortunately, that turkey wasn’t free and now you’re paying the price with a major headache. But before you run out to the drug store and start popping pills, allow us to suggest a natural headache relief: essential oils.
Unlike pain relievers, essential oils are all natural and can provide natural headache relief, aid circulation, and destress. They can also boost your immune system.
Peppermint essential oil is perfect for natural headache relief. It contains menthol and is known to be calming and numbing. When you have a throbbing headache, applying some peppermint essential oil to your hairline on your forehead can be all it takes to make the pain go away.
Essential oils, especially peppermint, can also help with headache-related symptoms, such as nausea, stress, congestion, runny nose, and muscle pain.
Here are some of our other tried-and-true methods for using essential oils for headaches:
- Rub some pure lavender oil on your forehead. After a stressful day of work, it can give you almost instant relief. Lavender oil can also aid sleep, meaning you’ll get more rest and be happier in the morning.
- Combine peppermint essential oil and lavender essential oil and massage into the temples or put on the back of the neck to relieve headaches and muscle pain.
- If you’re headache is caused by clogged sinuses, inhale eucalyptus essential oil or place it topically on the chest, nose, or forehead to open up the nasal passages and relieve sinus tension.
- Combine eucalyptus and peppermint essential oil for natural chest rub.
- Place diffusers strategically around your house with your favourite essential oils. It will keep both you and your family calm. If you don’t have a diffuser, or want to be more discreet, you can incorporate essential oils into your home decor. Place a few drops on a basket of pinecones. Put a few drops of oil in a mason jar with baking soda.
Don’t let the holiday bills stress you out. Remember, they only come once a year and you’ll be able to get through this. Abundance Naturally can help provide natural headache relief.
Find out more at www.abundancenaturally.com.