For many of us, the winter represents a time of hunkering down in front of the fire and lounging on the couch, filling up on hot chocolate and biscuits. Winter can often be an energy-zapping season, but that never seems to end well. This week, we’ve got a guide to the best all natural energy boosters to help you ditch your couch potato status.
- Get some sun! This many seem a bit odd, especially since it is cold outside, but that doesn’t mean the sun has left for warmer climes until the first spring bloom. Sunlight energizes and elevates your mood, so get out, take a walk, and soak up that vitamin D – and you may just find that a winter walk becomes a part of your regular routine.
- Stand up. Part of what is zapping your energy is staying sedentary. Sitting too long can cause your vessels to constrict, making you feel tired even if you’re getting enough sleep. If you work at a desk, take a break every hour or so and stand up and stretch. Move your legs, do a quick step around your office – anything to get that blood flowing.
- Try sea vegetables. This is a powerful superfood that will naturally boost energy. These vegetables, ecologically harvested from the coldest waters of Newfoundland and Labrador, contain a wide range of trace minerals and nutrients. They’ve also been shown to support a number of other health benefits including heart health, weight loss, immune system support, and a healthy thyroid -bonus!
- Have some H2O. The most common cause of fatigue is dehydration. This is because, if there isn’t enough fluid in your body, your blood volume can drop, making your heart work harder to supply your cells with oxygen, making you feel tired – both mentally and physically. Keeping a glass of water on hand and sip on it all day long – this is one of the easiest, and best, all natural energy boosters.
- Get some sleep. If you’re tired, and you’re getting lots of sun-time and are drinking so much water you feel like you’re floating, maybe the problem is that you’re not getting enough sleep. If you’re having trouble relaxing before bed, why not try lavender essential oil? Sprinkle a few drops on a piece of tissue or a clean cloth and tuck it under your pillow, or use it in an aromatherapy diffuser.
If the winter means your energy takes a nose-dive, try these all natural energy boosters and see how much better you feel!
Find out more, or grab some of the best on this list, at www.abundancenaturally.com.